Saturday, August 1, 2009

If Looks Could Kill

Photobucket



Tonight I was made aware of a gallery opening by, Kasabian Beck, creator of the previous art pieces I’ve written about known as “Slebrity”. Kasabian’s new "Stem Cells, Series II" art pieces shown in his well built, creatively done under water gallery, is the current home of his morphed figure avatar art. Once I arrived at the gallery I was immediately drawn to the amazing picture quality and texture of the art which displayed many years of professional graphic design turned to high quality images of pop culture souvenirs. Being under water in the gallery the thought of currents flowing and morphing the avatars came to my mind, which is why I had a great appreciation for the location chosen. While browsing the gallery, I was extremely intrigued by Kasabian’s use of illusions as well as his picture lighting. After leaving the gallery I was hit with many thoughts of his series, such as his inspiration and emotions while creating his masterpieces of modern art. Which posed a diligent and quite informative discussion with myself and my acquaintances. Departing from a gallery, you should be fascinated, that fascination should then lead to thoughts of the artist’s mind while in the midst of creation, only then you can say you have left a gallery, which is what I have done tonight.



No comments:

Post a Comment